2008-01-02 - 12:21 p.m.
2007-12-28 - 9:23 p.m.
Apartment Living Etiquette 101:
1. The hallway is not your own personal storage space. Other people live here too.
2. Putting your full garbage bag in the hall to remind you to take it out, is really just...not right. (I was going to say "fucked up" but...well, I guess I should have just said that.) Just keep your garbage by the door *inside* your place. It works just as well, but it saves the rest of us from having to look at...and possibly smell...your garbage.
3. Do not Bogart the cart. If there is a rolling laundry cart that is shared by 22 apartment units, it is not yours to keep. Put it back *the moment* you are finished. Do not keep it for five days. Do not just leave it in the hallway. Do not just leave it in the elevator. Put it back where it resides....the laundry room. We all use it.
4. Do not save up soooo much laundry that you then feel the need to use every single washer and dryer, all at once, all day long (you lazy bum!). Leave at least one open for the other several dozen people that live here.
5. Quit harshing my mellow!!! We have paper thin walls. People can hear you sing...*off key*...at all hours of the day and night. We have wood floors, people live under them. Take off your wooden shoes!!! When walking to your car at 6:00am, do not shout to your buddy upstairs. And don't even get me started on cell phones. Think, people, think!
5.5 Learn how to use your freakin car alarm! Why do you have to set it off EVERY morning, and then spend five minutes trying to figure out how to turn it off? It's not that hard. Read the manual. Or better yet, don't set it. Nobody's going to steal your crappy car anyway, but since your alarm goes off EVERY morning, we'd all be happy if they did!
6. *Always* be nice to your apartment manager. If your toilet is plugged at 3:00 in the morning, or your shower stops working or your stove won't turn on, you really don't want to be on his/her bad side.
Basic etiquette, people. It's pretty simple.
Ok....[/end rant]comments??? (6 so far...) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Of course, you know, all of this is copy right protected. None of this information may be reproduced without my permission.