2007-12-26 - 10:17 p.m.
I just found out that I've been paying *at least* one of my credit cards with a checking account that DOES NOT EXIST. Yet the payments for the last few months have all gone through.
2007-12-24 - 12:52 p.m.
2007-12-20 - 12:30 a.m.
My boss and I tried everything we could to get my car started. My steering wheel, ignition, and shifter were all frozen. Would. Not. Move. We rocked the car. We wiggled the steering, the key, the brake, the shift. Nada. BMW Roadside Assistance even gave me that, "Oh....hmmm.....I guess we should call a tow." Oy!
But can you believe this?! The tow guy gets in the car and it starts right up. WTF! I do not know how that was even possible. I tried and tried and tried and tried. My boss tried and tried and tried.....to the point that I thought he was going to break the steering column. But there you have it....this is why I continue to pay for Roadside Assistance. These people work miracles!
And I should be getting back to the holiday stuff, but instead, I'm blogging and drinking and going to bed. Goodnight everybody!
2007-12-19 - 11:17 p.m.
Gotta love it when Dogette (the gun toting, Harley riding, purple streaked hair gal) posts a meme about Xmas. So, in order to try to be one of the cool kids, I'm going to give this thing a shot. (Maybe she'll even notice me as the stalker that I am!) Also, a big shout out to Erica, who tagged me with the "Colors of Friendship" award. Thank you right back! Possibly my first ever tag. (**Oh, and now I see that you're doing the Xmas meme too. I'm always late to the party!)
1. Wrapping or gift bags? Generally wrapping, but sometimes I'll go all out and improvise a bag.
2. Real or artificial tree? I once hung a real tree upside down. Another year I bought an industrial green flourescent light and called it my tree. Basically, I don't do trees.
3. When do you put up the tree? I think I'm done with trees.
4. When do you take the tree down? You don't have to take it down if you don't put it up.
5. Do you like eggnog? Mmmmm....soy egg nog (allergic to milk)...with Jack or Maker's or Courvoisier...you get the idea. Makes a nice breakfast waker~upper!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Just about anything from my Grandmother. She was amazing about finding the most exotic, unusual, and expensive gifts.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I collect camel figurines.
8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Knee high nylons. Got those three years in a row. What was that about? I never wore them.
9. Mail or email Christmas cards? I'm trying to do *holiday* cards. I call them that, not because I have friends of multiple religions, but because you'll be lucky if I get them out by New Year's! (And Erica....I still don't have your address! And that goes for all you peeps out there...send me your address, or you're out of luck until next year!)
10. Favorite Christmas movie? Nada.
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? OMG....is it that time of year already?!!
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Well, I would say Pizza, because that is my absolute most favorite food in the world. But generally, I just go down to the bar and see what the special is. (The bar is basically just downstairs, and they do make some good food.)
13. Clear lights or colored? I like it when people put up lights that are all one color....doesn't matter what color. But I haven't put up lights myself in ages. (I'm a bah~humbug kinda gal. In case you hadn't noticed!)
14. Favorite Christmas song? Ackkkk! **Runs screaming from the room with hands over ears!!!** No! No! Nooooo!!!!!! I hate Xmas music! Make it stop!!!!!!!!!
15. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Fortunately, I now have a good excuse to stay home: I fill in for the manager of our apartment building while he travels to see his family. Otherwise I would be *required* to travel through the snow on a one horse open sleigh. (Well, not really, but you get the idea.)
16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? I like the one with the red nose. He and I would go out drinking after work.
17. Angel or star on the top of your tree? It's hard to hang either on an upside down tree. The top is upside down. (See #2, 3 &4)
22. Do you decorate your tree with any specific theme or color? No tree. See above.
23. Favorite ornament Even though I'm not into Xmas. Ornaments can be kinda cool. But how can you pick just one?!
2007-12-19 - 12:38 a.m.
2007-12-17 - 10:50 p.m.
2007-12-17 - 12:39 a.m.
1. Corporate dinner at Lawry's in Beverly Hills. Not all that it's cracked up to be:
a. Food is bland even though they are famous for their spice blend containing MSG.
2. Quote of the evening (after obligatory photos) was: "I've been smiling so much, my mouth hurts....I feel like I've been giving a blow job."
3. Has anyone noticed that I'm actually blogging again???comments??? (3 so far...) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2007-12-16 - 12:40 a.m.
1. Yes, the remaining bras have arrived.
2. But no, I haven't taken any photos yet. (I promise, I will....really.)
3. Working as a personal assistant REALLY makes me wish I had a personal assistant.
4. You know you really live at the beach when you never go to the beach.
5. This is because I am entirely too lazy to get up early enough to go to the beach before I go to work *at 1:00pm!*....and it's dark when I get home.
6. But I do actually go to the beach every chance I get.
7. I think this post is making me sound really spoiled.
8. But I'm not!
9. For Xmas, my parents gave me the Steel Belted Coleman Cooler.
10. Yes....I opened it already. (But it came in a big box marked "Steel Belted Coleman Cooler." )
11. It was pretty easy to guess what it was.
12. I don't camp, but I just thought it was cool. It's now my coffee table.
13. I don't drink coffee.comments??? (3 so far...) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Of course, you know, all of this is copy right protected. None of this information may be reproduced without my permission.