2008-03-04 - 11:19 p.m.
I was listening to the traffic report on the radio today and I heard that the PCH in Malibu was closed in both directions because they had to send in an "airship" for a big accident.
Didn't they used to call those: "Life Flight Helicopters"?
comments??? (1 so far...)
2008-02-29 - 3:52 p.m.
When you call the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, Harris Ford helps direct your call. I kid you not! That's pretty cool and all, but I really wish they'd hired some extra phone operators instead of paying a high end movie actor to record their greetings. I've been on hold for over half an hour....even though the recorded message told me, "expected wait time: 5 minutes." Oy.
comments??? (2 so far...)
UPDATE: It *only* took 45 minutes to get through to a live person!
2008-02-21 - 6:30 p.m.
Just a quick note about some changes to my comments box before I dive into the excruciatingly long meme below: Diaryland has added "captcha" to the comments box because, I guess, the spam bots have found us. But it's a little confusing because after you leave your comment and hit "done"....you think you're done as usual. But no! The new window that pops up now has the "captcha" thing and you have to enter the words, then click "done" on that page....or your comment won't post. Oy! Anyway, just thought I'd make sure you know.....I don't want to loose any comments!
Ok....so now the meme. I'm sure I've done this one before, but what the heck, I'll do it again. Probably have different answers this time. (Found this over at Richmond's
Place an X by all the things you’ve done. Answer the 32 questions and pass it on.
( )Gone on a blind date
( ) Skipped school
( ) Watched someone die
(x) Been to Canada. My favorite memory of going to Canada is buying the kind of hard toffee that you had to slam on the table so it would break into pieces small enough to eat. I think you can get it in the States now.
(x) Been to Mexico. Only once for a few hours....a brief stop over on a cruise from L.A. to there and back.
( ) Been to Florida
(x) Been on a plane. I hate hate hate to fly, so I drive everywhere I possibly can...even if it takes days.
(x) Been lost. You definitely do not want me as your navigator.
(x) Been on the opposite side of the country. Only a handful of times.
( ) Gone to Washington, DC
(x) Swam in the ocean. Yep. And I usually try to at least wade in the ocean every day.
(x) Cried yourself to sleep. Argh.
( ) Played cops and robber
( ) Recently colored with crayons
( ) Sang Karaoke
(x) Paid for a meal with coins only. Yes, and I've paid for groceries that way too. I do not recommend it.
(x) Done something you told yourself you wouldn’t. Let me count the ways!
(x) Made prank phone calls (before caller ID) When I was a little kid, I was a total stalker.
( ) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose
(x) Caught a snowflake on your tongue. But not since I was about 12 years old.
(x ) Danced in the rain. Naked.
( ) Written a letter to Santa Claus
( ) Been kissed under the mistletoe
(x) Watched the sunrise with someone you care about. Probably, but I am sooo not a morning person, that I doubt that it was a romantic experience.
(x) Blown bubbles. Gum caught in hair....enough said. Oh....maybe this means soap bubbles...definitely.
(x) Gone ice-skating. Once. That was enough. But I used to be the rollerskate queen.
(x) Been skinny dipping outdoors. No, but I have walked naked through fields and forests....just because there was nobody around to see.
(x) Gone to the movies. Yes, but I'm not a big movie goer. Interestingly, though, my boyfriend is Director of Operations for a movie theatre chain. I could get in free, but I rarely ever go.
1. Any nickname? Sparklepussy. Don't ask.
2. Mother’s name? Pat. Full name Patricia. But do not ever call her Patti....she hates that!
3. Favorite drink? Anything with an alcohol content! Well, actually: chardonnay, champagne, martini's, Wild Turkey, Jack Daniels, Negroni's, Sidecars, Maker's Mark. But not necessarily in that order....or all at the same time.
4. Tattoo? No, but I keep thinking I might get one someday.
5. Body Piercing? Ears only
6. How much do you love your job? Hmmm.
7. Birthplace? Seattle, WA
8. Favorite vacation spot? I think I live there. Now I just need a vacation.
9. Ever been to Africa? No. But that is the place I most want to explore.
10. Ever eaten cookies for dinner? Probably.
11. Ever been on TV? Yes. In the nude.
12. Ever steal any traffic sign? Who me?
13. Ever been in a car accident? Ack, yes. I was once rear ended by a local TV anchor.
14. Drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle? 4 door BMW X5, baby!
15. Favorite salad dressing? Blue cheese, please
16. Favorite pie? I'm not really a pie person.
17. Favorite number? 69
18. Favorite movie? I'm not really a movie person, so I can't really think of a favorite.
19. Favorite holiday? Any holiday that means I don't have to work, buy presents, be obligated to meet with family, and doesn't mean that all the stores will be crowded days before and days after. Hmmm. Well, maybe the 4th of July.
20. Favorite dessert? Tiramisu
21. Favorite food? Most definitely pizza.
22. Favorite day of the week? Any day that I don't have to work and can go to the beach.
23. Favorite brand of body wash? How can you pick just one?! I'm a spa product junkie. I have about twelve million bath gels. But this morning I used The Body Shop's Satsuma bath gel.
24. Favorite toothpaste? Uncle Harry's Tooth Powder. The company should hire me, I've gotten so many people to try it. It's like a miracle product. Try it. Your dentist will love you. I'm not kidding.
25. Favorite smell? I can't smell much anymore due to sinus problems, but I'd love to smell black pepper, bacon, coffee, chocolate, and a campfire again. No...not all at the same time!
26. What do you do to relax? Walk at the beach. Do silly meme's!
What, no 27? Well...this is getting pretty long.
28. How do you see yourself in 10 years? Hopefully, I will have won the lottery and will still be living in Playa del Rey.
comments??? (5 so far...)
Alrighty then. I think I'll end it there. I'm not going to tag anyone....you're on your own!
2008-02-14 - 9:36 p.m.
1. Drove 800 miles (from L.A. to S.F. and back.)
2. Checked into a hotel room that somebody else happend to be in. Eeek!
3. Accidentally locked myself out of my room.
4. Got food poisoning and lived to tell about it. (although, you probably didn't want to hear about it.)
5. Changed out a faucet, toilet seat, and a toilet paper holder...myself. (not at the hotel...although they probably could have used my services!)
Stay tuned people, you know there's more to come!
comments??? (3 so far...)
previous - next
Of course, you know, all of this is copy right protected. None of this information may be reproduced without my permission.