Get your own
 diary at! contact me older entries newest entry






My Art

100 THINGS about me


Photos of Me




2004-04-12 - 10:52 p.m.
Alright, I know you guys have all been dying to hear what my voice sounds like....right??! Well now you can!! Just click on over here....and and scroll down a bit (I'm in there somewhere!) and you can hear a real live recording of MY voice! Then you can add your own.

Wouldn't it be cool if you could hear what every blogger sounded like?? Tell everyone, let's make this a big deal and get everyone's voice in there!

(PS....Thanks again to everyone who sent good thoughts to Alan. He is pretty much back to normal now....just a bit tender and tired, but definitely on the mend. Thanks!)

comments??? (2 so far...) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2004-04-09 - 8:53 p.m.
Appendicitis update: Well, we're home now. The surgery went well....they were able to remove the appendix before it burst, but they said it was a good thing we didn't wait much longer! He's in some discomfort, but thankfully is also very is mostly sleeping. But I do think he's on the mend because he's asked me to wake him up in an hour so he can watch his favorite show on TechTV.

So I am currently working on my second, rather large, martini of the day trying to unwind from all this. I'm sure I could go on and on here with things like rants about the hospital, praises for some of the nurses, and stories about the tap-dancing toddler in the room next to us.....but I'm just too wiped out. Now it's time to just veg in front of the TV.

Thanks for all your good thoughts! Hopefully we will return to our regularly scheduled program sometime tomorrow.

comments??? (5 so far...) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2004-04-09 - 1:59 a.m.
As I type this, Alan is having emergency surgery for appendicitis. It's been a long day. We had to wait 7 hours in the emergency room....him, writhing in pain....before anyone took seriously the idea that his appendix might have burst. Then things started to move rather quickly, and a doctor was called in for emergency surgery. All of a sudden they seemed to think it was not such a good idea to wait any longer.....after waiting ALL DAY!! Oy.

So he's in surgery now. I decided to come home and try to get some sleep, since they told me I wouldn't be able to see him until 4 or 5 in the morning. And I must say, driving home was not much fun.....and not only because of worrying about Alan......but because this hospital is in the middle of one of the worst crime neighborhoods in our area. Drive by shootings are a very common thing (while we were waiting, someone was even brought in with a gun shot wound!) It is recommended that you do not drive there late at night.....and here I am, a white girl alone in a BMW, driving at 1:00am. Just a little scary. And on top of that when I went to get my car out of the parking garage....the garage was closed! To get to the garage, you essentially have to walk in the dark, down a very lonely street. The only people around were me and the guy who was walking a little too close behind me. Then, just as I got to the garage and tried to walk in.....the security guard shut the gate and got back in his truck! It took a bit of doing to get him to let me get my car out.

Argh. I know I'm just rambling on here, but it's helping me calm down a bit. This whole thing has been a bit tramatic.....and watching someone being wheeled off into surgery is never good. Please think good thoughts for Alan. I'll give you an update as soon as I can.

comments??? (3 so far...) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

previous - next

about me - read my profile! read other Diar
yLand diaries! recommend my diary to a friend! Get

 your own fun + free diary at!

Of course, you know, all of this is copy right protected. None of this information may be reproduced without my permission.