2003-04-03 - 10:59 p.m.
1. How many houses/apartments have you lived in throughout your life? Ten locations in 35 years. But I still live in 3 of those places.
2. Which was your favorite and why? I think, right now, my most favorite is the place in Los Angeles.....it's not perfect, but it's the place I want to keep no matter what I have to do. I can walk to the ocean....it's almost always sunny....and we look out over a nature preserve. What more could a person want? (well, it would be better if we could just get rid of our annoying neighbor!)
3. Do you find moving house more exciting or stressful? Why? I get way to attached to my surroundings, so I hate having to move. Packing up is always very emotional for me.....the sorting through, the saying goodbye.....reliving the memories, and yet realizing that you don't live there anymore. That said, I love moving into a new space! I love starting from scratch.....bringing in the furniture, finding new things that will make the place fabulous....transforming an empty space into *my* space....that is what I love! (I think I must have been an interior designer in another life!)
4. What's more important, location or price? Well, unfortunately, price sometimes dictates your surroundings....but I try not to let that get in the way. The first most important thing to me is the space itself. If it's a fabulous space, but in a bad neighborhood, I might be willing to overlook the neighborhood. If it's a fabulous space, but way too expensive, I might have to find a way to afford it. It's all about the space.
5. What features does your dream house have (pool, spa bath, big yard, etc.)? My dream house would be a combination of all the places I've lived so far. It would have to be big (around 10,000 square feet would be good.) It would have to be within walking distance of the ocean. I don't want to have any neighbors (that way I can turn the stereo up loud and have no one complain!) And it would be nice if it had a deck with a view that was also very private. Basically, if I could drag my building in Astoria....all the way down to Los Angeles....and plop it by the beach.....I would be content!comments??? (1 so far...) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2003-04-01 - 5:28 p.m.
Of course, he told me there was little he could do for me. He thinks I have a virus, and I just have to wait it out. But as a gesture of pity, he prescribed me some cough medicine. And now I'm a zombie. I've been sitting here just staring at the monitor....reading the same blogs over and over again. The power of drugs. Finally, I realized that maybe I should update my own blog....and that's what you see here. (Have you noticed I've only used one exclamation point in this whole post so far? Wow.)
So I just went over to Dictionary.com to look up the word zombie, and this is what I found:
As you can see, I am clearly a number 4.....but I am definitely in need of 1,2, and 3.
Alright, enough cough syrup induced ramblings.....I'm going to go wash my hands...or something. Stay well everyone.comments??? (3 so far...) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2003-03-30 - 9:15 p.m.
So imagine the awkwardness that ensued this weekend....when she showed up unexpectedly one morning! The kids had been staying over with us, so I had on my goofy, flowery, *kid safe* pajamas (normally, I would never wear such a thing!)....and the doorbell rings. I wasn't going to answer it because it was sort of early, my Love was in the shower, and I wasn't dressed yet. So I went back to my computer and ignored it. Well, then I hear someone opening the gate to come around to the back of the house, and since the back door is open....I look out and see that it's the Ex! OMG!!
So here I am in my goofy pajamas, having ignored her ringing of the doorbell.....sitting by my laptop....with an empty bottle of Jack Daniels, and assorted glassware all around my computer.....I have on no make up....I have a serious case of bed-head (otherwise known as really messy hair)....and in she walks! Talk about AWKWARD!!! (Yes, I can explain about the bottle of Jack and all the glasses, but really, it's not going to help my case!)
Oy! Fortunately, she didn't stay long....and we didn't exchange more than the required "hello". But she gave me one of those up and down seriously disapproving but at the same time seriously worried sort of looks.
I have a feeling it's going to be a little awkard next time I see her.comments??? (2 so far...) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Of course, you know, all of this is copy right protected. None of this information may be reproduced without my permission.