2003-03-17 - 6:31 p.m.
OK...one more quiz:comments??? (3 so far...) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2003-03-17 - 5:27 p.m.
(Special thanks to The Group Captain for this one.)comments??? (1 so far...) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2003-03-17 - 2:36 p.m.
I recognised their voices as my downstairs neighbors. I heard one of them talking on a cell phone, boasting that they had been at a bar drinking since 6:30am. Oy! Since then, they've been coming and going.....seeming louder and more drunk and more obnoxious each time they return. Although....they started sooo early, maybe they'll just pass out in a couple of hours and I won't have to worry about them anymore........probably not! Anyway, as I've mentioned before, I have the (un)fortunate circumstance of living within walking distance of 7 bars......so I have a feeling this is going to be a wild night!
Happy Saint Patrick's Day, everyone!!comments??? (2 so far...) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2003-03-16 - 11:30 p.m.
See, all day I have been deep into overhauling the apartment.....yeah, most people call it *spring cleaning*....but I overhaul! I cleaned things that have never been cleaned before....I moved furniture that was never meant to be moved.....I turned clutter into organization.....and now I need to take a bath!!
But the thing is....I got so caught up in the cleaning of previously uncleaned territory....that I forgot to clean the tub!! And to make matters worse....I started out the day with a seriously good soak involving baby oil.....which means, I seriously need to clean the tub before I can take that long hot bath that I now seriously crave...Oy! (How many times did I just use the word "seriously"?!) And why didn't I just clean the tub first thing??!
So if any of you people out there invent a "self cleaning tub"...please, let me know....I'll be the first in line to buy one...seriously!
Goodnight everyone.....I think my bath is ready!comments??? (2 so far...) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2003-03-14 - 4:41 p.m.
1. Do you like talking on the phone? Why or why not? Actually, no. I absolutely dread having to make a call....especially if I don't know the person all that well. I always get incredibly nervous and put it off as long as possible.....then when I get on the phone I tend to babble....usually way too fast....usually end up repeating myself....and the person on the other end usually has no sense of humor....and then it gets awkward. So, please, just let me send you an email! But, I know I should get over this.....so really, just call me....but make sure you have your sense of humor turned on when you do. Thanks. (Of course, for some reason this does not apply to total strangers....like, say, if I have to call the cable company....then I'm fearless!)
2. Who is the last person you talked to on the phone? My love, of course! (And I have no problem calling him either....but then, I know him really well....and he has a sense of humor!)
3. About how many telephones do you have at home? Alan and I each have our cell phones....then there's a cordless phone and a corded phone. Up in Astoria, however, I have two cordless phones, two corded phones that are plugged in, and about a dozen corded phones that are laying around.....either having been replaced by the cordless ones or needing repair. Really, you can never have too many phones (said by the person who hates to talk on the phone!)
4. Have you encountered anyone who has really bad phone manners? What happened? The thing I really hate the most is when I call someone and I say, "Hey there! This is Marcie!"....and there's a looong pause on the other end, as though they've never heard of anyone named "Marcie".....then finally they go, "Oh....hi" (translate: "why are you calling me?!")....that is, if they say anything at all....usually I'm left to fumble over explaining who I am. I just hate that! If someone calls me, and at first I don't know who they are....I at least pretend to know....and pretend to be glad that they called. Because usually you can figure out who it is after talking to them for a minute or so. So if I call you, I don't want any of those silly pauses....I want you to say, "Oh hi! How are you?? What's up??"
5. Would you rather pick up the phone and call someone or write them an e-mail or a letter? Why or why not? Well, I think I've answered this question with my answers above. Yeah...I know I'm weird about the telephone.....but that's why you love me...isn't it?!! Just send me an email!!!comments??? (2 so far...) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2003-03-13 - 10:51 p.m.
I was like a kid again! OMG...a Hello Kitty Toaster!!!!!! Well, you know I had to have it! (But don't tell anyone about this....they'll all think I've gone completely mad!) And my Love thought that I had gone completely mad, too......but, as always, he indulges me. It wasn't until I put the thing on the counter that he realized I had made a brilliant puchasing decision.....the thing only takes up half the space of our old toaster!! (And we have a very small kitchen...with limited counter space!) He was instantly happy I had bought the Hello Kitty toaster!
And you know the coolest thing....it makes toast with the little kitty face on it! (OK...I'll try and grow up now!)
comments??? (6 so far...) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2003-03-13 - 9:58 p.m.
Of course, you know, all of this is copy right protected. None of this information may be reproduced without my permission.