2003-02-26 - 12:53 a.m.
He makes glass water pipes....sure, they could be used for different things. But why do we care????!!!! It seems to me that there are wayyyy more important things going on right now. This is such a waste of time and money. Oy!comments??? (2 so far...) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2003-02-24 - 1:34 a.m.
The funny thing is, I've read almost every book ever written about her, but until now, I've only seen a handfull of her movies. So after watching these movies, I found it interesting that each of the biographies I've read seemed to have pulled bits and pieces from the story lines of her films and made them into her real life. I was left wondering if any of the biographies I read had any truth to them, or if they were just novels based on her films.
Timebends by Arthur Miller (her last husband)....is the only book I've read that seems to give an honest impression of what she was like. The book is not entirely about her...it's Miller's autobiography...but it is an incredibly telling book. He also wrote the last film that she was in, The Misfits.
Anyway....I guess I'm just rambling on here....but really, I think she was an amazing character....much smarter than people gave her credit for. (And curiously, this year I will be the same age she was when she died...hmmm.....)comments??? (3 so far...) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2003-02-22 - 1:31 a.m.
1. What is your most prized material possession? Well, that is a difficult question. I have looked around the room....thought about all the stuff I have at all my locations....and I can't think of one thing that I value more than all the others. Yeah...there's a lot of stuff I could live without, but a good lot of the things have some sort of story or memory behind them....and I wouldn't want to part with any of it. But, of course, there is my laptop....if it's not working....or I'm not within walking distance of it....I go into major freakout mode. But that doesn't count, does it?!
2. What item, that you currently own, have you had the longest? Oy! There are so many things! (see question #3) But when I think of what I've had the longest....that I actually still use....I think of my couch. When I first moved out...umpteen~million~years~ago....I felt that my life would not be complete unless I had a leather couch. (Silly me, that was the least of my problems!) So I found one that cost wayyy too much...more than I would even consider paying now....and made a deal with the store that they could keep it until I paid it off. It took a YEAR! But I got that couch that~would~make~my life~complete....and I still have it. And I love it! (maybe that qualifies for question #1....hmmm....)
3. Are you a packrat? Well, duh! You should see my place in Astoria....or maybe you shouldn't. Hmmm. I save everything, and I collect everything else. I'm just terrible that way. I live in three different cities....and I still need more room! Help! I'm drowning in my own stuff!!!!
4. Do you prefer a spic-and-span clean house? Or is some clutter necessary to avoid the appearance of a museum? I would love to live in a "spic-and-span" house....but I just don't know how! I try to stay away from clutter, but clutter just comes to me....it follows me where ever I go. I try to lose it, but it always comes back. I'm doomed to live a cluttered life.
5. Do the rooms in your house have a theme? Or is it a mixture of knick-knacks here and there? Well...if I had a theme, it would definitely be bamboo~tiki~bar. But those darned little knik-knacks keep showing up and ruining everything!comments??? (1 so far...) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2003-02-22 - 12:12 a.m.
So there are problems. Like when one of my tenants sends me his rent and I don't get it! So two weeks go by....we agree that the check is lost and he should just send another. So he sends another and I get both checks on the same day.....one postmarked from 2 weeks ago.....the other postmarked from 2 days ago!!
They are always losing my mail!!! I have got almost no mail this week....when usually the box is overflowing! My Dad, my tenants, and several mail order companies have all sent me things in the last two weeks.....but all I have got in my mail box is Victoria's Secret catalogs! Argh.....something is wrong with this system. (And yes, I have called the Post Office(s)...they were no help!)
I guess from now on, if anyone's going to send me something, they should just stick it to a Victoria's Secret catalog...because those seem to be the only things that get through!comments??? (1 so far...) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2003-02-21 - 12:13 a.m.
Subject: NATIONAL INITIATIVE
All men are to position themselves in lawn chairs in front of their house to prove they are not Taliban, demonstrating that they think it's okay to see nude women other than their wife and to show support for all American women. And since the Taliban also does not approve of alcohol, a cold six-pack at your side is further proof of your anti-Taliban sentiment.
America appreciates your efforts to root out terrorists and applauds your participation in this anti-terrorist activity.
God bless America!!
IT IS YOUR PATRIOTIC DUTY TO PASS THIS ON!!comments??? (1 so far...) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2003-02-19 - 10:47 p.m.
Several years ago (1996, to be precise) a friend of a friend of mine directed a funky film called Reptile Man, starring Tony Curtis. Sometime after the film was finished, there was a party....and my friend and I were invited. This was long before I lived in L.A., but for some reason (that I cannot remember now), I was actually in town and went to the party. It was the first time I had ever met the director, and was suprised to find that he was about my age. He was a nice guy, we had a short chat, and that was that. I haven't seen or thought of him since. That event has long been lost in my memory.
So tonight, as Alan and I are driving home from dinner, we're chatting about the different things, and I happen to bring up that movie with Tony Curtis. And I'm thinking, whatever happend to that director....and did that movie ever get released?! I couldn't even remember the director's name, it's been sooo long. So when we got home, I decided to do a google just for the heck of it, and see if I could find anything.
Now here's the really spooky thing........that film was released to video stores......YESTERDAY!! I haven't thought about this film in almost 7 years, until today and it was released yesterday. What are the chances of that? Is that spooky or what?!! I'm freakin.comments??? (3 so far...) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Of course, you know, all of this is copy right protected. None of this information may be reproduced without my permission.