2008-08-24 - 9:20 p.m.
The pills I take to help rememdy my foot problem can give me a slight buzz when I first take them in the morning. It doesn't last long, but it's a good thing for a bit. Unfortunately, it's so slight that ANY stress can be a total buzz kill.
So can you imagine my dismay this morning. I had timed the taking of my pills with a rare morning "conjugal visit." Double bliss! But we were interrupted when my parents called "to see if I was up yet".
comments??? (5 so far...)
They're visiting from out of town. I don't see them very often, and I love them more than they will ever know, but thankfully, they're going home tomorrow.
2008-08-23 - 9:23 p.m.
comments??? (0 so far...)
My parents are here for the weekend. (Funny, I almost wrote my "kids" are here for the weekend. And I have no kids!) My parents are the most loving and generous people on the planet, and I love them more than they will ever know....but really, can I just go lie down on the couch now? (And so far, I've only had to go out to dinner with them. Eeek!) Fortunately they are staying at a hotel. Tomorrow is an all day affair. La la la la la..........
2008-08-20 - 12:41 a.m.
How the heck long has it been since I did a silly meme?! Well
the Cynical One has sucked me in. And it's about time we had something silly around here, don't ya think!?
So here's the
Omnivore's Hundred Things
The rules (I've modified them a bit):
1) Bold or italic all the items you’ve eaten.
2) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
3) Optional extra: comment on your thoughts about any item.
The Omnivore’s Hundred:
comments??? (1 so far...)
2. Nettle tea (I'm sure I must have had this)
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
5. Crocodile...(No No No....I just don't think I will ever try this. And don't try to tell me it tastes like chicken!)
6. Black pudding...(I think I know what this is, and my answer is never.)
7. Cheese fondue (Oh yeah, bring it on, baby!!!)
10. Baba ghanoush
11. Calamari..(OMG. I was eating this salad at at wedding that I didn't know had calamari. I'd never had it before. Then somebody said, "Isn't the calamari salad just wonderful!!?" I nearly lost it! Ack! Ack! Ack! Calamari is not my thing. At all.)
13. PB&J sandwich (Wayyyyy too many. It was my staple as a little kid. Don't care for them now.)
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart (In New York. For a dollar. Those were amazing!)
17. Black truffle....(Probably, but it was not noticeable or memorable)
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes....(Undoubtedly!)
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries (Although, I have more fun picking and searching for them than eating them.
23. Foie gras (I've had it, but I don't see what all the fuss is about.)
24. Rice and beans (Just like Foie gras, I've had it, but I don't see what all the fuss is about.)
25. Brawn, or head cheese...(((NO NO NO)))
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper (I do believe so, but I won't bet you on it.)
27. Dulce de leche
28. Oysters (Not a huge fan unless they are buried under cheese and stuff, Oysters Rockefeller or some other disguise.)
29. Baklava (Oh yeah babe.)
30. Bagna cauda (Oddly, I first had this in a tiny little restaurant in a tiny town in Eastern Washington. It was great!)
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar (Well, I've had cognac a great many times, and I've had a few puffs of a cigar, but not at the same time. Love cognac, don't really get into cigars.)
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects...(((NO NO NO)))
44. Goat’s milk
45. Malt whiskey from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more (Once in London, on New Year's Eve, Alan and I each got a shot of scotch from a bottle that matched the year of our births. Each shot cost somewhere around $45 US. It was worth every penny.)
46. Fugu (poisonous pufferfish)
47. Chicken tikka masala
48. Eel (I had it grilled and served wrapped in rice, sort of like sushi. I really did not think I would like it, but it was amazingly good.)
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi (pickled fruit)
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal (Yes, but don't tell anyone! I had a free coupon. It was awful!)
56. Spaetzle (What is up with spaetzle? Does anybody really like this stuff???)
57. Dirty gin martini (Ack, yes I've had one. But by mistake only. Who wants anything to be dirty (unless it's porn). A martini tastes great straight. Just the gin. Chilled. Don't argue.)
58. Beer above 8% ABV
59. Poutine....(((NO NO NO....this is just wrong!)))
60. Carob chips
62. Sweetbreads...(((NO NO NO)))
63. Kaolin (I believe it's in Pepto Bismol)
66. Frogs’ legs...(((NO, just No)))
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
68. Haggis....(((NO NO NO NO NO)))
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette...(((Um, NO)))
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe (I've had several types of Absinthe, not sure if I've had Louche, but possible.)
74. Gjetost, or brunost
75. Roadkill...(((Ha! I probably have and didn't know!!)
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant (The meal for 2 came to something like $400.(About 15 years ago!) It was not worth it. Although that may have been due to the company I was with at the time. It's funny, I can tell you what I ate at the most obscure restaurants over the 41 years I've been on this planet, but I cannot tell you a thing about that meal. The most expensive meal I've ever been to. I don't even remember the name of the restaurant. All I remember was the doorman. Fortunately, I didn't pay for that meal.)
85. Kobe beef
86. Hare...(((NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!!)))
88. Flowers (OMG yes....when I was like 8, my sister and her friends would try to get me to eat everything. "Here, eat these. Really...they're edible." I'm lucky I'm still alive!)
89. Horse...(((I've never eaten it, but I hear that horse fat makes the best french fries. Hrmmmm.)
90. Criollo chocolate
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor (I think I probably have. I don't care for lobster all that much, but it seems to keep turning up. I must have at this at some point.)
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
100. Snake (Well, I *almost* had snake. I ordered it once. I was going to be all adventurous and stuff. But when it arrived, it didn't look like it would taste like chicken. So, no, I never really had snake.)
previous - next
Of course, you know, all of this is copy right protected. None of this information may be reproduced without my permission.