2007-05-25 - 5:56 p.m.
So now to break things up a bit...and not have this blog be all medical and stress....I thought I'd do a meme that I found over at Chickie's.
What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was living in a drafty warehouse in Astoria, Oregon, selling antiques, and practicing my ever evolving clever techniques for heating a 10,000 sq ft building with only two wood stoves and a pile of unseasoned wet wood. (I can work miracles with wet wood!) I had just turned 30, and was a dedicated recluse while at the same time enjoying the sort of minor cult like celebrity status of being an eccentric person who sticks out like a sore thumb in a small town. I was definitely not your average Astorian. I'm still not!
What were you doing 1 year ago?
I was living in Los Angeles at a fabulous place three blocks from the beach....immensly enjoying the fact that my roommate had moved out, but starting to come to the realization that I would probably have to move too, if I didn't get another roommate. (And unfortunately, I ultimately moved.)
Five snacks you enjoy:
1) Wine. (Does that coun't as a snack?)
2) Sunflower seeds.
3) I like pretzels, but usually only on road trips. And since most of my road trips are always the same route from California to Oregon to Washington and back, I know all the good rest stops that have the vending machines that sell the good thick pretzels.
4) Crackers with hummus.
5) Anything that can be scavenged in a late night refrigerator raid.
This one's kind of tough, because I'm not much of a music person. (I don't even have an iPod, can you imagine?!) So I'll just kind of list some of the first things that come to mind:
1. Just about anything by The Rolling Stones
2. Just about every song on The Dire Straits' first album.
3. Quite a few Macy Gray songs.
4. A couple of songs from Eminem and 50 Cent
5. Nina Simone: My Baby Just Cares for Me
Bonus: Everclear: Santa Monica
1) Renovate my building in Oregon so it has every luxury.....then refuse to ever sell it. (This, of course, would further my mysterious cult like celebrity status there. It would also tick off many of the local politicos who have an "agenda" for the area where my building is located. This would make me very happy!)
2) Buy a condo in Los Angeles in the beautiful area where I lived last year.....at the beach, baby!!
3) New car! New car! New car! (Yes, I know, I already have a great car, but really, who can resist a new car?!) Oh...and maybe a motorhome!
4) Go on extensive road trips, stop in every back road little town, and shop for antiques. (Need motorhome for this!)
5) Donate to animal shelters.
1) Drink too much
2) Sleep too late
3) Don't exercise enough
4) Raid the refrigerator in the middle of the night
5) Spend wayyy too much money on frivolous things
1) Reading blogs (could be considered a bad habit)
2) Reading books late at night
3) Watching Food Network and late night TV (another bad habit)
4) Shopping online for spa products, jewelery, shoes and other things I don't need (bad habit)
5) Getting a professional massage (I wish this were a habit)
1) A bikini. I think there were probably only about 5 minutes in my entire life when I could actually pull off wearing one of those! However, I don't mind going naked....go figure!
2) High heels. I would love to wear them. I lust after them. But I think my knee problems kinda cancel out the whole high heel deal.
3) Leopard print spandex leggings. Yes, I actually used to own some.
4) Shoulder pads. Seriously....those won't really come back in style, will they?
5) Bell bottom jeans. Ack!
1) My tiny little Samsung Q1 tablet.
2) My cameras
3) The American Express card
4) The internet
5) My carcomments??? (2 so far...) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Of course, you know, all of this is copy right protected. None of this information may be reproduced without my permission.